Choosing The Right Domain Name
Having a web presence for your company is like having a shop on
every corner of every street. No matter where your customer is located
in the world, they will be able to find your address easily. More
so if your address is easy to remember.
One of your very first steps is securing the perfect Web address,
also called your “URL” or your “domain name.”
If your actual business name is already taken, and the chances are
these days it is, here are a few do’s and don'ts regarding selecting
the right name.
While the availability of domains which follow all of these rules
may have become limited, try to follow as many of these rules as possible.
- Always use “.com.”
- Don’t make your primary domain too long.
- Consider using hyphens in your domain.
- Try to register a domain which contains a popular keyword applicable
for your industry.
- Don’t register a domain containing the digit “0”
in it, unless it is going to be part of a recognizable word (like
1000 or 2000).
- Try to avoid using domains that contain ‘2’ for “to,”
‘4’ instead of ‘for,’ ‘u’ for
‘you.’ Your customers will easily get confused.
- Consider naming your company and registering a domain name starting
with the digit “1.”
You can check out the availability of domain names and register new
domains at www.domainbuzzard.com.
Your domain name is included free in our Website Design service.